Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bourbon & Black Holes

I spent the better part of my night watching shows on black holes and on super black holes on the science channel. Yeah, that's how cool kids spend their free nights. What have I learned? Well, to be honest, nothing new. Its all the same stuff about how you can see a black hole and how Einstein's theory of relativity isn't actually perfect and how the laws that govern the movement of massive bodies do not combine well with quantum mechanics mathematically and no one really has a great answer as to why. However, the shows were still fun to watch. I especially loved the visualizations of space and Niagra Falls. Oh and I learned that the Keck telescope is the largest in the world. I guess that counts as something new. The shots of the sky passing over the Keck telescope and its rotations to compensate are super awesome. I've just passed into the bourbon phase of the night.  Bourbon does make everything better, especially physics.



No comments: